11.20.2011

the day came.


is that not the cutest thing ever?

that's me, if you couldn't tell, and my sweet pup - pugsley.

monday was his last day with us. man, i didn't think it would be as hard as it was. but just typing about it breaks my heart. i said my goodbyes before i left to school that morning. and that was it. 

our entryway went from this:


to this:


pugsley was 17 years old. that's old for a little guy like him. 

i still keep my eyes peeled to make sure i don't step on him when i enter the kitchen. but, he's not there to step on. 

there is no bark to let him outside, no jingle of his collar, and no food or water bowl in the space by the dryer. 

pugs' first christmas in 1994



christmas 2010. 
we could tell he was really starting to get old


dogs really are part of your family - no matter what you say. 

and when they are gone, there's a large void in your heart.



2 comments:

  1. Oh that's so sad! I agree. Dogs are totally apart of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tearing up just reading this. I love my little pooch and I am so thankful that she's around, I don't know what I'd do without her.
    Hang in there! <3

    ReplyDelete