6.15.2011

soon enough.

let the 6 day countdown begin! six!!!
i will say one thing, this has completely crept up on me! i thought, oh it's a few weeks away. now it's next tuesday! 
so much to do, so little time, i think?
much has happened the past few weeks. 


1. greg came home from his mission. backdoor neighbors. he served in the harrisburg, pennsylvania mission (which later was combined into the pittsburgh, pa mission). 
me, shar bear, V, nat, willie, kevin, taylor and julia all decided we would go up to the airport and surprise the schofield's as they got off the plane. only alli knew that we were going to be there because we needed their flight time, duh! 
it was so fun to see him come out of there. we were all getting so nervous waiting! it's great to have him back. 




there he is!

he was surprised, he had no idea anyone was going to be there, let alone, US!

liz loved it.

we did make a "yay alli!" sign. she made it back too! ;) 

greg was in amish country, i tried on the hat. 
p.s. awful style choice on my part. 

alli caught me opening up the marker. don't judge me. 

2. i purchased a new wallet and alli surprised me with the same exact purse that i had stolen out of my car. came from h&m, i was so excited! my debit/credit cards came in the mail so i have those. i'm still waiting on my actual drivers license, so i am carrying my temporary one for now. what a hassle! 

3. i chose a different major. food science. ever heard of it? i hadn't until andrew brought it up to me and it sounded interesting. i just switched today and am registered for some classes in the fall! just call me a food scientist already!

4. my camera bag came in the mail! ah i am so excited about this. i found an etsy shop with these camera bags. i was then led to the lady's website and i customized my own bag! you can choose which leather you want, fabric, strap color, canvas, and inner lining. i love love love it. it's the perfect size for my trip annndd i can have my camera in there, along with other items i will need! 





5. law grandbaby #3 is on its way! we skyped with austin the other night and he told us he had a "surprise" for us and that mommy has a baby in her tummy. we were all speechless! we sat in silence, then freaked out! we are so excited. none of us had any idea. yay for babies. 

6. i went to st. george last weekend and had an amazing time with my newly married cousin, tajia, and her husband jarrett and some of their friends. great weather and great company!

7. i am leaving tomorrow with my besties for st. george/vegas! lots of laying out, lots of hanging out, lots of memories. my last "hurrah" before i head to the other side of the world! 

8. i dont' like shots. not one bit. for africa, we need to get immunized. hepatitis a/b, typhoid fever, and tetanus. come to find out the hep series should normally take a couple months to get all 4 shots of the series. good thing we are pro procrastinators and went a week before i needed them! ha! oh yeah, they really hurt. my shoulders are still sore and i've been moving like normal.

i am so totally excited to leave. i have most of the main things done that i need. just packing is my main worry but i should be fine. i have all monday (one whole day) to pack for two months! 
any tips on traveling abroad or what i should pack are appreciated! 

1 comment:

  1. pack less than you think. nothing worse then rolling more than one suitcase down a bad paved road. also shoes are the heaviest and worst so pack light weight shoes/sandals (toms, flip flops, etc).

    ReplyDelete