6.02.2011

seriously?

who even steals stuff? we had some things stolen from our extra garage a few months ago and the luck just carried over to me. 


i was working out with andrew at the gym. getting my triceps on and andrew walks up and asked if the license plate number that was announced was my car. i told him i didn't think so but asked him if some specific letters were said. he said yes and my heard just sunk. did my car get hit by someone else? i had no idea what to think! i hurried and grabbed my keys. as we walked past the front desk, no one was really there so we ran out to the parking lot to see my car. walking up, i could see that the passenger front window was completely shattered. i was so mad and so violated! someone would break into MY car and steal MY things. i unlocked the car and opened the drivers side door to check the middle console and see if my phone and ipod were gone. thankfully, they weren't. but i looked over on the ground where i had left my purse when heading in, and it was gone - stolen. hence the broken glass. 

i was so upset. someone did this? at 6 pm in broad daylight? not ONE person in the parking lot heard the shattering glass or saw the idiots breaking into my car? can't believe it. 
i walked back in to the gym, told the front desk guy that it was my car out there. had to fill out some lame paper for gold's gym, had to call the orem police. they said they'd send somebody out. 

long story short, the orem cop showed up, did a lousy inspection. asked the generic questions, gave me a case number and drove away. 
here i am, left with glass EVERYWHERE. small shards, big pieces. had to clean it out so i could drive home. 




my window is now replaced after a $100 deductible. but, i am still missing my favorite purse from h&m, wallet, digital camera, drivers license, credit cards, debit cards, everything. i didn't have any cash which is good. but some things in there are irreplaceable. 
i have to start all over and get new everything. what a hassle! 

so for future, gold's members, hide your stuff when you go inside. put your purses so they are not visible. i thought i would be fine with my purse on the ground, partially under my seat. but... no. be safe and be careful! and gold's gym, get security cameras! no wonder thieves keep doing this, they know they won't get caught. 

upset, can you tell? but i have learned my lesson. definitely the hard way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I saw the little gym guy there when I was walking out of the gym the other day asking if we had your car? Right after I saw you when I was in that class. That is horrible! I had my car broken into 4 or so years ago when I was at a midnight movie. I parked in the parking lot and wasn't like ghetto far away. I come out of this movie and was so happy and such to see my driver's side window was broken along with the other cars parked in the same row as me. The stole my ipod (hidden), my ipod like car connecter thing, my purse (but no wallet because I had it inside), my junior year high school yearbook (because it was the last day of school that day), and a box of brand new tampons!? It was the worst I was crying like a freak that night in bed because I had realized my yearbook was in there and we just had the yearbook party that day and could not replace all the fun signings people had written in it. Even though it was my favorite purse and my ipod I did not care much about that but more about my yearbook. Plus the tampons just made me laugh so hard because I had just bought them and thought it was so random. Must of been in a rush and grabbed everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOA long comment. sorry. and sorry about your car! that totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete