6.26.2011

my momma.

last night when arriving at the hostel, each bunk bed was provided with 2 flat sheets and a pillowcase. each guest that stays here is given that to cover up the mattress and pillow, that way the hostel can save money. this hostel is trying to go green apparently, so the showers and sinks don't stay on, you have to keep pushing and pushing the knob for more water. it's a little obnoxious, but it's understandable i guess. 


anyway, me being me, i made my bed first thing. carefully placed the first sheet over the mattress and tucked it in. 
second sheet went on and i continued to make my bed like i would at home! fold over the top part about 4 inches. tucked in the bottom, then the sides and tried to make corners like the dear shar bear does. it wasn't quite as good, but pretty good i would say. 


soon enough, i was looking around and everyone was watching me! i was just making my bed! but as i looked at everyone else and their beds, the sheets were thrown on, not straight. 
isn't it interesting how every single person is different? different habits. some are more clean some are not. some are considerate. some are not. 


my momma taught me well. she is the queen of being clean and perfect. that being said, i am just like her. thanks shar!! 
it makes my travels a little more tedious but i am okay with it. 

3 comments:

  1. don't worry. I am the same way Sarah. And I too, owe it all to my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sarah/Sharon. Sharon you'll have to review nurse's corners with me sometime!
    Sounds like a fabulous trip Sarah. Keep your eyes open for a four leaf clover! A Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that is awesome. I rarely make my bed...so horrible! I need to be more like you! Keep it up haha.

    ReplyDelete