3.22.2011

willy wonka.

see this picture? :


it's got me thinking today. my friend, whitney and i went and took some pictures the other day. we both brought our cameras but she told me to dress up so she could take some pictures of me. they are gorgeous. she did such a good job, i think they look amazing! thanks whit :) 

anyway. this picture. doesn't really have anything to do with me being in it. i look at the long, empty road behind me. to me, it makes me think of the long way i have come in my life! and there i am, standing there, in the present, where i'm at currently. what is in front of me isn't part of the picture. just like my life. i don't know what lies ahead of me. i don't know what i'm going to be doing after i come back from my summer trips in a few months. who even knows? well i know one person that does, but that's about it. it's kind of exciting that i don't know what is in store for me. i know that every day, i wish i knew what i'm going to be doing, but i don't. it's exciting but scares me to death. am i getting old enough to be making big decisions? and going to college? i could graduate from college in like 2 years. isn't that weird? it's weird to me. 

the whole road analogue, makes me think of the first willy wonka and the chocolate factory movie. austin my cutie, crazy-haired nephew, happens to love this movie (side note there). the one part where they are leaving the inside garden space with the chocolate lake and they get into that scary boat. willy wonka sings his creepy song and the lights are all changing colors and you see weird bugs floating in the sky. it's so weird. the kids don't know where they are going when they get in that boat, but later on, they go to the little factory where the everlasting gobstopper is made. and they are all thrilled.

there's wonka with his sporadic fro and the one and only, gobstopper.


i know this is an all-over-the-place post, but i am all over the place right now! i wish i knew what is in store for me in my life, but i don't. my head is just spinning. for now, i guess i can just do my best to live in the present and enjoy it while i can, right?


i noticed today that i have 1056 blog views. whoa. that many? people really read my blog that much? i like following that little counter over there on the side. thank you, whoever you are, for being the 1000th reader. how cool! then, i don't feel so cool when i think of nienie and her blog. she is our good friend. but can you imagine how many views her blog has? i can't. thanks readers, whoever you are. even if you don't really read it. thanks! 


p.s. i am so grateful for my good friends. man they help you through life, don't they? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the way they turned out too! Glad you like them! I miss seeing you weekly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them. we need to take pictures more often! seriously, when it's not windy, temple here we come. i miss seeing you period! ahh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i stalk your blog. who cares.

    ReplyDelete