12.24.2011

sneaking up on me.

this christmas has completely snuck up on me!
the fact that i can see my grass outside could be part of it, but it just doesn't feel like christmas!
already, the break from school has gone way too fast. i've enjoyed sleeping in, going to the gym every day, and catching up on some of my favorite TV series' on netflix way too much
however, i have realized how much fun it is to be with my family and i'm ready to spend the next week or so all together - extended family and all. there are some things that i'm missing, but i'm working on putting on a happy face :) i'm pretty close to having mastered that, any time, any place.


we enjoyed a yummy dinner at dave's kitchen in salt lake. you like chinese food? go to dave's. 
dave's kitchen is a good kitchen. 




i spent a fun day yesterday shopping with my siblings. i am particularly excited about a gift for big V. i think he will be surprised and completely excited! pictures to come, don't you worry. 


i mostly love sitting in our "present wrapping" room with my brothers, wrapping their gifts for them (i am way too nice) and chatting about life. i have realized that i am not always in a hurry, that there isn't always somewhere to go, and that downtime is completely okay. 
i spent a few hours today with andrew. he is leaving mid-ish january for LA to go to school. LA? take me there! i would love to drop everything, move to a new place, and do something different. i think i have posted that like 3 times, oh well. what an adventure. i am excited for him and he is excited and ready. 


i'm mentally preparing for our LAW family christmas eve festivities to commence in just a couple hours. here's to a bunch of kids, a bunch of family, a bunch of crazies getting together for food, fun, games, and laughs. 
let the party begin! 


p.s. grandbaby #3 will be here any day now. no, she still does NOT have a name. think of some cute names for me. 


p.p.s.
welcome home alli! love this picture.



this is an awful picture, but it made me laugh. 


happy christmas to all.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts, you always have such a great prospective on life and are so deep, and you are gorgeous on top of that! Some guy is going to be really lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Davids! My family and I have been eating there for years. Favorite Chinese food for sure! At random times i will start craving it and drive up, i will invite you next time now that i know you like it :)

    ReplyDelete